So we have been having some adventures lately with Gavin and his homework. Last week he had to draw a picture and write a sentence of something beginning with the letter "U." He began drawing a muscle man with "underarm" hair. I told him, this wouldn't do, and gave him our Children's Dictionary to find something else to draw. He then happened along the word, "urine," and was laughing so hard he was rolling on the floor. I decided underarm hair was a good compromise.
Next, he needed to type his sight word of the week on a computer. The word was "you." He created a 10 page powerpoint in color with the word several times on each page. I thought this was quite marvelous for a 6-year old.
Last night he had to draw a picture and write a sentence of something beginning with the letter "K". He drew a great picture and wrote the sentence, "These are the Knights that say knee." I think the point was finding something with the K sound. Oh well.
April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gavin continues to crack me up! We're so glad you've got a blog! We don't have a family one yet but when we can all agree on a name, we'll get going on it! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to enjoy hearing more about your family!
Wow. I am totally shocked! A power point? And I thought that Rachael's projects she did on that was advanced! I am still trying to figure it out. :) I am so glad that you guys are doing a blog. Good for you Tayli. You are awesome!
Post a Comment